Filed Under: Welcome
The mission of Tavares Youth Football League is to enable young people to benefit from participation in team sports and activities in a safe and structured environment. Through this active participation, Tavares Youth Football (TYFL) programs teach fundamental values, skills and knowledge that young people will use throughout their lives.
TYFL seeks to provide fun athletic learning opportunities for children, while emphasizing the importance of academic success. Specifically, TYFL seeks to familiarize players and spirit participants with the fundamentals of football. TYFL strives to inspire youth, regardless of race, creed or national origin, to practice the ideals of sportsmanship, scholarship and physical fitness.
- To encourage and increase youth participation in football
- To ensure a safe and positive playing environment for all participants.
- To instill life-long values of teamwork, dedication and a superior work ethic in the classroom and on the playing field.
- TYFL programs have no cutting of rosters.
- Everyone participates under mandatory rules of play.
- On-field coaching is allowed for younger age levels.
- Individual awards are given.
Safe Playing Environment
- Players are matched by age.
- There are strict mandatory equipment requirements.
- TYFL provides Coaching Clinics.
- Rules for play are based on FHSAA.
- A full-time executive board of volunteers supports all local associations and assists in sound policy creation.
All teams practice at the same time and the same location, Woodlea Sports Complex. Practices are Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 6pm-8pm and ALL GAMES are played on the following Saturday of each week (See Game Schedule)
All games are played on Saturday’s at Tavares High School at the main stadium.